Friday 19 December 2014

Digipak Journey (HA)

1- The first picture is of Louis Armstrong. He was an incredibly popular musician in an era where music was revolutionary and evolving into multiple different genres. This was a defining moment in music and I wanted our music video to be defining and as sharp and sophisticated as the 20's were. This was an incredibly important element that I really wanted to incorporate into the music video.
2.Frank Sinatra is in the second photo and is known as the king of swing, another element I wanted to include in the video. Style was incredibly important and we needed to include that to create a solid theme for the video. Swing is perfect for the song MKTO- Classic and would have given the video a natural look. Frank Sinatra is also directly mentioned in the song.
3. The third picture is of a Jazz band which links into the song and also the style of the video that we are aiming for. The class and era of the piece embodies why the Jazz Band were created, so that people could enjoy and relax listening to it.
4. The Great Gatsby was possibly the biggest influence on our video because of the power and portrayal of the era it was set in. The extravagance of the parties was something I wanted to reflect and I feel I had started to do this with my-
5. Fonts were a key part of the digipak because I needed to cement the theme of Gtasby and the 1920's/ You can see 4 of the possible fonts that I thought about using above. I settled on the third one because I thought that it captured the style and swing of the era perfectly. I also think that it accompanied the idea of Frank Sinatra and Louis Armstrong perfectly.
6. Monograms, in the initial stages, were a perfect theme for me to follow because of the heavy links to Gatsby. However during the draft stage I noticed that this theme would be very tricky to execute well. I kept the idea in a reduced version and that can be seen by the embellishments on the corners of the digipak.
7. In this picture you can see a screenshot of the MKTO video for Classic, the song we are using. I felt that this screenshot captures the classy party vibe that I was aiming for.
8. The next picture is a continuation of the theme of a classy party style.
9. Number 9 is a collage of some of the artists that have influenced the image of our band, KBMA. You can see in the picture that I have included Bruno Mars, MKTO and also Maroon 5. All of these bands in some way have influenced my digipak. A band not found in the collage is the band Rixton. Their video for 'Wait on Me' had a strong sense of 1920's style and I wanted to replicate this onto my digipak in the form of the monogram.
10. The picture of the balloons is important because it helps me keep in mind what the overall theme for the digipak will be. It was incredibly important for me to stay focused on this objective.
11. Here you can see the colour scheme that I wanted to keep throughout all of my products and not just my digipak. Continuity was important for me during the process as I recognise and respect the importance of an image for the band.
12 +13. Here you can see the two costumes that we had in mind when dressing our own actors. It was very important to use to keep a good theme running throughout the main and ancillary proucts. Even though the actors/actress didnt appear on the digipak I still had their costumes in mind.
14 (Labelled as 11). This was a strong influence for me. This was one of the few practical examples that I could find that looked like my own digipak. It shares the clean cut style of mine and also has a similar colour scheme.


No comments:

Post a Comment