Tuesday 4 November 2014

Reflection Post on Digipak (MK)

After receiving back our Digipak/Poster drafts with feedback, I was able to fully understand what aspects I did right and what I need to improve on. I think that the main problem with both of my drafts is that I didn't link my research to what I produced. I think that when I was creating the draft I was rushing a lot and decided to use conventional styles instead of producing something precise and relatable to the artist and the theme of the album. The research that I need to achieve in the next week will go into depth along side my existing Digipak/Poster research posts. I regards to both my poster and Digipak, I think I need to change the font choices and colour decisions more relatable to my researched artists.

In regards to the poster, improvements include:
  1. Q's don't use Q's - they use stars.
  2. Check if Billboard use stars.
  3. Text is too pixellated.
  4. The pattern doesn't work in the text.
  5. This is too plain and didn't work.
In regards to the Digipak, improvements include:
  1. The left cover is too plain.
  2. Catalogue number on the spine of the CD rather than record logo.
  3. Cover is too dull and doesn't really work.
  4. Make the legal text smaller and put record/copyright logo on the right.
What I did well:
  1. Track listing placement is laid out well.
What I need to do over the next week is to make major improvements to both Digipak and Poster themes so that they relate to what I initially researched.

No comments:

Post a Comment